Chopta-Chandrashila Trek with Deoria Tal
Duration : 04 Nights – 05 Days
Destinations : Delhi – Haridwar – Ukhimath – Deoria Tal – Sari – Chopta – Tungnath – Chandrashila – Chopta – Haridwar – Delhi
Highlght of The Trip :
- It is not just an adventurous expedition, but also a tour to various popular pilgrimage destinations like Haridwar, Rishikesh and Tungnath. Further, one also gets the lifetime opportunity of witnessing the holy confluence of Alaknanda and Bhagirathi Rivers, this place is popularly known as Devprayag.
- The most spectacular marvels of Mother Nature like the crystal clear lakes and snow-capped Himalayan peaks stand as the major attraction of the trek.
- The changing landscapes add to the charm of the vistas.
- Little glimpses of years old culture and tradition practiced by the locals.
- Jaw-dropping views of the Chaukhamba & Kedarnath Peak.
- If lucky, can get the chance of sighting some exotic wild beings.
The Chopta Chandrashila trek makes you wander around the most beautiful region of the Garhwal Himalayas. Right from the high mountains, to the murmuring rivers, every gem of nature’s treasure trunk is brilliantly studded in this trek. Owing to the presence of all these splendors, an adventurist never feels the fatigue while trekking over the Chopta Chandrashila Trek.
Deoria Tal Lake : Encircled by lush forests, the Deoria Tal is certainly one of the most captivating lakes that the Garhwal region proudly owns. The pristine water of this lake is known for holding the awe-inspiring reflection of the Chaukhamba and Neelkanth Peaks.
Tungnath : Being the highest of all the temples in the Himalayas, Tungnath serves as the main attraction of the respective trek. In addition to its location, it is highly recognized for being one of the most sacred shrines devoted to Lord Shiva.
Chandrashila : Situated above the Tungnath temple is Chandrashila, a rock face. A hike to this summit is short but rigorous. However, the enchanting views of the Nanda Devi, Trishul, Kedar and Chaukhamba peaks are worth the tiring expedition.
Chopta : Located in Gopeshwar, at a height of 2900 meters, Chopta is more popular as one of the most picturesque spots in the entire Garhwal. The sight of the mighty Himalayas from Chopta not only soothes the eyes, but also the soul.
Day 01: Delhi – Haridwar – Ukhimath (200 kilometers/7-8 hours)
Board a train to Haridwar in the morning. Upon arrival, our tour guide along with the rest of the trekking team will receive you, and then we will head towards Ukhimath via Rishikesh, Devprayag and Rudraprayag. En-route we will take care of your breakfast and lunch. Check in to the hotel on reaching. Later, enjoy a scrumptious dinner and relaxing overnight stay at Ukhimath.
Devprayag: It is the confluence of two very famous and holy rivers – Alaknanda and Bhagirathi.
Rudraprayag: It is the sacred convergence of the pious Alaknanda and Mandakini Rivers.
Day 02 : Ukhimath – Deoria Tal (2438 meters/7998 feet)
Post breakfast, trek towards the Deoria Tal. The trek is loaded with dense forests of Rhododendron and various wild yet beautiful flowers and ferns. Reaching the Deoria Tal is just a matter of 3 to 4 hours. Upon arrival, explore the natural exquisiteness of the place and get ready to spend some time in the lap of Mother Nature, as it will be an overnight stay in the tent near the lake.
Day 03: Deoria Tal – Sari – Chopta
In morning, the trekking trail heads off to the Sari Village (3 kilometers) and then you will be driven to Chopta. En-route, dense woods and lush meadows will stand as the main highlight. We will be spending a night at Chopta, and thus set up the tents upon arrival. Further, take pleasure in witnessing the spectacular vista of the Himalayas.
Day 04: Chopta –Tungnath (3680 meters/12070 feet) – Chandrashila (4090 meters/13415 feet) – Chopta
Leave early in the morning for Tungnath temple. Reaching Tungnath temple is an uphill battle as it stands at an altitude of 3680 meters from the sea level (the highest temple in India). Further, lush green meadows and snow-dressed Himalayan ranges will offer a treat to the eyes. Upon arrival, pay homage to lord Shiva in the temple. Later, relax for some time and then trek ahead towards the Chandrashila summit. Soak in the beauty of the place and then move back to Chopta for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 05: Chopta – Haridwar – Delhi
After an early breakfast drive to Delhi via Devprayag, Rishikesh and Haridwar. You will reach Delhi by late night.
End of the services
Cost of this Trip
Rs. 18500 Per Person
- Train: AC Train/Volvo Coach from Delhi to Haridwar & back.
- Transport: All road transfer by Mahindra Bolero car from Haridwar to Haridwar.
- Accommodation: Tourist Rest House/Guest House in Ukhimath with bed and breakfast basis. While on the trek/Rafting accommodation will be provided in tents. Our tents are 4 season dome tents with lots of space for personal luggage. We will be putting up a dining tent and a toilet tent to make your camping comfortable.
- Meals: In Ukhimath only breakfast will serve. While on trek all meal will be provided. The food would be mix of Indian, Chinese & Continental. All meal at River Rafting camp Rishikesh.
- Professional and experienced Local guide who knows the area very well.
- Cook and porters to carry camping equipments, ration and some amount of clients personal gear (not more than 12 kg).
- All necessary Permits and camping fee.
COST DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Air fare
- Enroute meal
- Any charges for carrying still/video cameras etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, bottled water, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Travel insurance
|December 2016||16, 21, 26|
|January 2017||12, 26|
|February 2017||8, 23|
|March 2017||11, 24|