Ladakh - The Land of Snow Leopard
Duration : 12 Nights – 13 Days
Destinations : Leh – Leh – Phey – Hemis National Park – Leh – Delhi
Area: Ladakh Himalaya
Altitude: 4700 mts
Grade: Moderate to Challenging
Best Season: December to March
Highlght of The Trip :
- Both natural wonders (like the high passes, confluences and snow-dressed mountains) and man-made wonders (like monasteries and palaces) wait to greet the trekkers.
- The mountain fauna like the majestic snow leopards, fascinating blue sheep and huge yaks make you forget everything else. In the meanwhile the sky is adorned with the colorful wings of different avifauna species.
- Bask in the ancient culture of Ladakh.
Standing at an altitude of 4,600 meters, Ladakh is better known as ‘The Land of High Passes’. Its peaks range from 5,800 to 7,600 meters, and thus allure adventure freaks from all the nooks and corners of the globe.
Hemis National Park – An abode to the predator of the heights
Known for its shy nature, the snow leopard is a dangerous yet beautiful predator inhabiting the cold desert of Ladakh. For those who wish to get the rare glimpse of this magnificent cat, the high altitude Hemis National Park is the place to be. This sprawling national park is stretched over an area of 600 square kilometers in the Markha and Rumbak Valley. It was established in the year 1981 with the motive of preserving the unique flora and fauna of Ladakh. Further, November to March is the ideal time to visit this park, as during this period the place witnesses high snow fall and as a result the predator of the heights is forced to move to lower regions.
(For the rest of the year the snow leopards stay on the inaccessible heights). Thus, the chances to sight the exotic cat increases.
Along with the snow leopard, reside various exotic and splendid wild mountain animals. Thus, the trekkers are delighted with the sight of musk deer, wild ass, stone martens, marmots, red fox, bharal, mouse hares, ibex and wolf.
Day 01: Delhi – Leh (11,500 ft)
Upon arrival at Leh airport our representative will pick and transfer you to the hotel. While in the hotel, our expert guide will brief you about the tour and acclimatization (adaptation to a new climate). For the rest of the day all you need to do is acclimatize, followed by a scrumptious dinner and overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 02: Leh (the day is free to explore the local market)
Post breakfast, a wonderful tour amid the local market of Leh. There is something very special concealed in the small lanes of this market, and tourists simply love to unveil this treasure. Later, enjoy a comfy overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 03: Leh Local sight seeing
After a delicious and healthy breakfast in the morning, our guide will take you to the local attractions of the place. To name a few: the Victory Peak, Leh Palace, old quarter and offices (a local conservation organization). Return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 04: Leh – Phey – Hemis National Park (12400 ft)
Drive to Phey post breakfast and start trekking along the beautiful Indus River gorge. This trek will make you enter the famous and phenomenal Hemis National Park. Upon arrival set out tents for an overnight stay. Later take pleasure in dining and sleeping within the tent, inside the park!.
Day 05: Hemis National Park (Wildlife Viewing)
This period is completely dedicated to wildlife watching in the park. In the morning, post breakfast the wildlife trekking will begin. The Hemis National Park is a home to the most furious yet majestic – snow leopards. These dangerous predators of the cold desert love to live in solitude and thus enjoy spending time on inaccessible heights. It is only during November to March, the season of heavy snow fall when the snow leopards descend down to lower regions. This is the perfect time to sight these big, beautiful and dangerous cats.
In addition to the snow leopards, the other inhabitants of the park include Large Horned Sheep, Blue Sheep, Tibetan Wolf, Wild Ass and various other mountain animals and birds.
Day 11: Visiting the nearby villages and enjoying a home-stay
Besides being the land of high passes and snow leopards, Ladakh is also famous as the land of beautiful ancient culture. We will make you experience a home-stay in the nearby local villages.
These villages are highly acknowledged for their warm hospitality. You will be delighted by enjoying the local beer; the heavenly taste of this beverage is truly matchless. Further, you can also be a part of the local dance, so as to soak in the true colors of the culture.
Day 12: Trek to Zingchen – Leh
In the morning trek down to Zingchen and later drive to Leh. Upon arrival at Leh, transfer to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 13: Leh – Delhi
Early in the morning transfer to the airport and then catch a flight for the respective destination.
End of the services
Cost of this Trip
USD 1285 per person (for a minimum of 2-4 people)
INR 38500 per person (for a minimum of 2-4 people)
- Accommodation: In Leh hotel/Guest house on twin/double sharing basis. Guest house/Tents/home stays according to itinerary with all meal.
- Transport: Airport transfer, Drop and pick up for the trek point and also all sightseeing at Leh by Toyota Qualis/Tata Sumo.
- Meals: All meal will be provided at Leh. Meal will freshly prepare and will be a mix of Indian, Chinese, Ladakhi & Continental.
- Mules/Porters: For carrying camping equipment, rations, vegetables and some amount of personal gear of the clients (one bag not weighing more than 15 kgs).
- Camping Equipment: Like Tents, Carry mat, kitchen tent, stool, table etc
- Professional Local expert for the viewing snow leopard & Cook would accompany the group.
- Professional driver for the entire trip
Cost Does Not Include
- Air fare (Delhi – Leh return),
- Any charges for carrying still/video cameras etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, bottled water, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
|January 2017||16, 25|
|February 2017||6, 22|